Ten reasons why Waterbury is Great!
From lifelong Waterbury residents, who know both the good, bad and ugly of our fair city, the most important things anyone wanting to know what Waterbury has to offer should know:
1. The blending of some great demographics (a beautiful blending of so many cultures). Irish, Italians, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, African-Americans, Albanians, French, Portuguese – and countless others that can be found here.
2. The historical significance of the “Green”
3. The beautiful parks that the public can use for free. Fulton, Hamilton, Bucks Hill, Chase, Murray, Lakewood, Schofield, Waterville, Hopeville, Washington - and many others. Each of the major parks will be featured in future posts.
4. The ease of transportation to other areas with our highway system. The Mixmaster, our nickname for the overlap/crisscross of I84 and Route 8, can carry you to any destination in the state.
5. The magnet schools that offer such a great diversification of education
6. The myriad of restaurants that offer cuisine to please any pallet
7. The Palace Theater and Seven Angels Theater that offer culture and entertainment
8. A dedicated group of people who serve the public in their capacities as city employees
9. The schools of higher education that are found within the city limits. We have branches of the University of Connecticut and University of Bridgeport, and Naugatuck Valley Community College
10. The cultural and ethnic experiences available through the many festivals, holidays, fairs, and musicals offered throughout the year
Looking for information about homes in the Greater Waterbury area?
Buyers, need to find financing and advice on the home-buying process?
Sellers, looking for tips on how to make sure your home sells?
Stop by www.williamsplaces.com !
Courtesy of William James Walton, Sr ., Realtor, Century21 Access America
Serving northern New Haven and southeastern Litchfield Counties (Waterbury, Wolcott, Prospect, Naugatuck, Middlebury, Southbury, Watertown and Plymouth)
Courtesy of William James Walton, Sr. , Realtor, WEICHERT, REALTORS® - Briotti Group
Serving northern New Haven and southeastern Litchfield Counties (Waterbury, Wolcott, Prospect, Naugatuck, Middlebury, Southbury, Watertown, Thomaston and Plymouth)
Call William James Walton, Sr. Real Estate Agent with WEICHERT, REALTORS® - Briotti Group (203) 558-7463 for help with your real estate needs -buying or selling - in Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, Middlebury, Southbury, Prospect, Naugatuck, Plymouth and Thomaston